Graph of demo ratings (25-54) for Fox and MSNBC from Thursday one year ago and today.

Compared to Thursday, July 22, 2010, from 5PM to 11PM:

Fox was down 22% in the demo and down 10% in total viewers. MSNBC was down 3% in the demo, but up 13% in total viewers.

Compared to Fox, MSNBC went up from 44% to 55% in the demo and up from 36% to 46% in total viewers.

The big drop for Fox was at 5 PM, down 43% (214,000) in the demo and down 40% (834,000) in total viewers. Baier, Shep, O’Reilly (8 and 11) were all down more than 20% in the demo. Matthews was up 58% (74,000) at 5 PM and up 54% (275,000) in Total Viewers.  O’Donnell was down at 11 PM 32% in the demo, but up 16% in total viewers. He was up 3% in the demo at 8 PM and even in total viewers.

Here are the individual hours. The first number is change in demo, the second change in total viewers:

5PM Fox: -43%, -40%; MSNBC: +58%, +53%
6PM Fox: -23%, -13%; MSNBC: -27%, -4%
7PM Fox: -28%, -7%;  MSNBC: -7%, +1
8PM Fox: -25%, -10%, MSNBC +3%, 0
9PM Fox: –8%, +1%; MSNBC: +4%, +4%
10PM Fox: 0, +8; MSNBC: +8, +44%
11PM Fox: -24%, -7%; MSNBC: -32%, +16%.